Rattan Kids Furniture
Rattan Kids Furniture is a Timeless Décor Trend
Acquiring rattan kids furniture is a decision more parents are making. The reason for the upsurge in rattan furniture is the aesthetic appeal and durability of the material. As any parent would know, kids often break the sturdiest items. They find a weakness in an item and pursue it until it’s no more.
Benefits of Kids’ Rattan Furniture
Preparing for a newborn’s arrival entails several details. Aspects such as clothing and nursery usually take precedence, however, little attention is paid to the furniture. Nowadays, there is kids’ rattan furniture which is a viable option for parents around the globe.
- The material we use is completely safe and non-toxic. There are no paints or varnishes used that are harmful to children. Natural rattan is an eco-friendly material that is lightweight yet durable.
- To complete the package of sturdiness, rattan furniture can withstand harsh UV rays. Hence why the majority of people use them as furniture for the outdoors. Rust, dust, moisture and corrosion will not affect the properties of a rattan piece of furniture as it will other materials.
- Rattan furniture requires little or no maintenance. There’s no need to clean or dust it, thus there are no further costs when acquiring this type of material. Furthermore, your kids can live and play in a safe environment.
How to Get More Value Out of Kids’ Rattan Furniture
Rattan is a vine-like plant that is native to South-East Asia and having your furniture manufactured with this material provides durability and strength for years. However, you should do your part to extend the life of rattan furniture for kids.
- If you’re using the furniture on the patio, make sure you rotate the position of the pieces occasionally. Continued exposure to the sun’s rays does result in fading of colour but not the sturdiness of the material.
- Natural plant fibres require a degree of humidity. Keeping them away from moisture results in drying up of the material. As a result, you may encounter splitting due to excessive dryness. Simply treat the structure with tung or linseed oil. The other option is to increase the humidity of the room.
- Although not required often if at all, some people tend to wipe the furniture down with a damp cloth. Be careful not to soak the piece in water. Once the furniture bends in water, it loses its shape. If you do soak the furniture by accident, simply leave it out in the sun to dry, without touching it, and it will restore itself to its original shape.
Why Choose Hunter & Nomad
We’ve been designing and manufacturing rattan furniture for kids for several years. Furniture design is a passion of ours that we love pursuing. Our experience and natural European taste set our designs apart from regular furniture.
We have an online store where you can purchase the items you require and have them delivered to your home. Contact us to find out more about our products and the process.