We pride ourselves for the quality of our Hunter & Nomad products. However, particularly when it comes to soft furnishings, the correct handling and adhering to the cleaning instructions are super important to make sure you will love your purchase for ever!
WOOL CARPETS & OTTOMANS
- All rugs are thoroughly cleaned prior to leaving Morocco. You may find some fine grains of desert sand which will lessen after a few vacuums.
- If you wish to wash your rug in the future, using a professional rug cleaner is advised.
- Shake your rug once in a while to clear off any dust that it has collected.
- Due to the age and handmade nature of each vintage Moroccan rug, there may be some imperfections, flaws or signs of wear. They are not considered as defects, but add to the charm and story.
- Price of the rug reflects tribe, knot technique, age, rarity, size and condition.
- Photographs are true to colour and shot in natural lighting. Colours may vary from screen to screen.
- All the vintage rugs have been sourced ethically.
- Our rugs are washable in a conventional washing machine (140x200 and 160x230cm). The 200x300cm size can be washed on a low gentle cycle at your local laundromat.
- Wash them on a low cold cycle.
- Flat dry it in the shade.
- Give it a good vacuum clean after it's completely dry to make it beautiful and soft again.
- Treat tough stains with a damp cloth. Do not use chemicals to treat stains.
Here are some tips to keep shedding to a minimum:
- Lightly vacuum it once a week (the more you vacuum the more the fibers will loosen up and come off).
- Make sure NOT to have the vacuum on the setting closest to the ground.
- Use a rug pad under the rug to absorb shock and reduce shedding.
- Take your rug outside for a good shake once in a while to clear off any dust that it has collected.
CUSHION COVERS, SHELL CUSHIONS & OTTOMANS
We do recommend gentle spot cleaning or professional dry-cleaning only for our shell cushions. Our Vintage Moroccan Ottomans should be treated like our wool rugs. Our cotton ottomans and cushion covers can be washed like described in the cotton rug section, however, do require for the inserts to be removed.